Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome to the world of MMA.

This Blog is primarly to help various individuals become more familure with the fastest growing sport of the world today. Mixed Martial arts, or MMA for short, is slowly working its way to the top as far as sports popularity, not only here in America, but all across the world. However, when MMA first broke out accross America, many people viewed it as "barbaric" and/or unneccisarry. Untill now, orginizations such as the UFC or Ultimate Fighting Championship has transformed it from a sport of senceless fighting, to a sport that now is focused on dedication and self determination. In this blog, i hope to bring new people to the world of MMA as well as keep current fans up to date on the sports happenings.

6 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about people viewing the sport as "barbaric." It is easy to judge something that you know nothing about. I believe that we need to educate the public on the aspects of this sport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good sport. I don't know much about the sport but I like watching it and I look forward to following your blog. It does take self determination and dedication to like to take a shot right in the face and get up and keep taking or giving that kind of punishment. Fighting can be seen as something that is childish and "stupid" but what about the physical aspects and the conditioning that people go through to make this sport happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sport, although I don't enjoy the hugging and holding each other so much. I think the ref's should do a better job at separating the fighters when nothing is happening. They are amazing athlete's none the less and enjoy it for the most part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys, but yes, i do truley love the sport, there is nothing quite like it. No sport out there demands as much hunger and determination as MMA.

    Originally this blog was part of my Media Writing class here at Weber State University, but it has turned into quite a fun little project. I figured what better subject then something that i love?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a couple fighters. It's funny because they are so different in daily life than when they are "in the zone" for a fight. I know that you have a fight coming up this weekend.. Good luck! Hopefully you will be able to blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is something pretty amazing, I like the fact that it is a sport that is about self determination and dedication. I would assume that people that don't know anything about it would see it as "barbaric" but that shows how important it is for us to know that there is a lot more behind sports.

    ReplyDelete